As we begin to host guild raids of ZG, AQ20, and MC, I'd like to go over some requirements and guidelines to make our raids smooth and enjoyable for everyone.
As leader's we've decided that we want our raids to be fun, laid back, and a small break from the stress of our day to day lives. We are not a hardcore guild. To that end we need to establish a few guidelines that will help achieve a balance between progression and enjoyment. Being disorganized is NOT fun and only adds to our stress!
Date and time:
Invites will start approximately 60 minutes prior to the specified raid time and we'd like the raid to start promptly. This means everyone in group, and waiting at the start location (either zoned in or waiting buffs in SW etc).
Voice and interface addons:
Everyone is required to be on Discord. Our guild discord channel is:
All raid members need to have the KLH Threatmeter (KTM) and BigWigs addon installed.
All mages, paladins, priests and druids are required to have Decursive or something similar. Paladins must have Pallypower.
Discord DL Link https://discordapp.com/download
Decursive DL Link https://github.com/Zerf/Decursive
Pallypower DL Link https://legacy-wow.com/vanilla-addons/PallyPower/
KLHThreatmeter DL Link, otherwise known as KTM https://github.com/Linae-Kronos/KLH-Threat-Meter-17.35
Who can go?
We'd like everyone who wants to join to come along. If you don't know the fights that's okay. Just speak up or let one of the raid leaders know and we'll be happy to briefly explain the fights beforehand. Raids such as ZG and AQ20 are not extremely difficult and we welcome anyone level 60 with decent pre-raid gear. We love you but may not take you if you're in full greens! Spend some time running 5 mans to get viable gear when we aren't raiding.
As of right now certain specs are simply not very raid viable and will be at the back of the line in terms of spots (I'm looking at you ret paladins). Please speak to your class officer and they'll instruct you on specific talents and gear to be raid viable.
Guild members take priority for spots. If we cannot fill our raid with guildies, we will open it up to friends or public. We are limited to the amount of tanks, healers, and dps we plan on taking so please be sure to be on early so you get a spot.
We expect each player to pull their own weight. Raiding can be frustrating if you're constantly going afk or not focusing on your assigned duties. Please focus on helping the other people in the raid not waste their time. We all have lives so be considerate!
We will be experimenting with a loot system a little different than you may be used to. We will be using what we call a RDKP (Roll DKP). This is how it will function;
1. For each boss that is killed, each member of the raid will be awarded 1 RDKP.
2. When an item drops, the loot master will link it in raid chat to be rolled on. Each player who'd like to have a chance at it will do /roll. This first roll will not use any RDKP.
3. If you lose the roll, you have the option of spending 1 RDKP to roll again. You can spend as many RDKP as you would like to continue rolling on the item until you roll a number you're satisfied with. 1 RDPK Spent = 1 Additional Roll
Because we are just starting to raid, we need to get certain classes and roles geared more than others (like our tanks). For now we will be doing MS > OS. This means tank warriors will get priority over fury warriors on tanking gear and vice versa. Same goes for caster classes.
There will be certain exceptions to loot and a few reservations to ensure fair distribution and help guild progression.
Zul'Gurub - 20 Man Raid
1. Idols used for the ZG leg and head enchants will be reserved for those players with T2+. If no one has T2+ then it will drop to T1+. These are extremely good enchants and should not be wasted on easily replaceable gear. You will need to link your gear when you roll. RDKP will also be in effect.
2. Any bijous, coins, random drops can be needed on by everyone in the raid when they drop.
3. Epic mounts can be rolled on by anyone but RDKP system will be in effect for these drops.
Molten Core - 40 Man Raid
1. Crafting mats from trash mobs (lava & fiery cores etc) are reserved for the guild bank. Sulfuron Ingots are reserved for the guild bank as well.
2. Legendary drops such as Thunderfury Bindings and Eye of Sulfuras will be subject to the guild/raid leaders' discretion. This means leaders and class officers will council who should receive them based on many factors including but not limited to, their contribution to the guild/raid, role and spec, and or how close they are in already obtaining the item. We may even open it up to RDKP if agreed upon.
Raid Day Plan:
We will raid for a maximum of 2 hours on raid nights. Most of us have other obligations IRL. If we find ourselves having a very hard time progressing we will call it a night. As much as we want to push forward and kill more bosses, there's a point where wiping over and over is no longer enjoyable.
For certain raids we may require certain world buffs like Ony head in SW and DM buffs. We will let you know if these are available before the raid.
That's about it! We may adjust these guidelines based on feedback and results so please let us know what you think of your raiding experience. Any questions can be directed to Guild leaders and class officers.